Lilliput Tank Project
|Lilliput Tank Project (LTP)|
|Type||Light infantry tank, Tankette|
|Place of origin||Soviet Union|
| 1x 37mm gun|
A project undertaken by the Zaslavskiy team examining the use of the T-16 chassis for a small vehicle mounting a 37mm gun. This project dubbed Lilliput was between the Tank Bureau and the engineers at the Bolshevik Factory in Leningrad (Zaloga and Grandsen 46). For variants were explored and labeled L-1, L-2, L-3, and L-4 (Zaloga and Grandsen 46).
- L-1 - never left drawing board
- L-2 - never left drawing board
- L-3 - became T-17 armed only with a single machine gun
- L-4 - became T-21 circa 1929, a 1 man vehicle, an later the T-23 a two man version
1. Zaloga, Steven J., and James Grandsen. Soviet Tanks and Combat Vehicles of World War Two. Harrisburg: Arms and Armour Press, Lionel Leventhal Limited, 1984. 46. Print.